Thursday, August 25, 2011

Body Scrubs

I like to regularly exfoliate my skin because I like to feel soft and smooth  and, you probably know by now,  I like to save a dollar or two  when I can. 


Here  are some of my favorite body scrubs:                   


Body:  Mix  course  cornmeal (I use yellow) with an inexpensive lotion.  Apply to wet skin while in the shower.  Focus on the rough areas like knees, heels and elbows.  Scrub and rinse. 

Hand and Body:  Combine sea salt or kosher salt with olive oil and apply  to skin while in the shower.  Scrub and rinse. 

Face:  Mix baking soda with face cleanser and apply gently to skin in a circular motion.  Rinse.  Apply moisturizer.  
           
 or:    Mix brown sugar with olive oil or  honey.  Scrub and rinse.

Apply  natural, unflavored  yogurt to the face, lie down  and let set for 20 minutes and then rinse. The lactic acid in the yogurt exfoliates the skin.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment