Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Brain Health


Recently I attended a lecture and read two books by  a local neurologist named David Perlmutter MD.

The books are entitiled Power Up Your Brain and The Better Brain Book.  I highly recommend the information to any one with concerns about dementia, stroke, Alzheimer's, MS, Parkinson's and brain health in general.

The brain has been my favorite source for  learning ever since I was a young nurse so I am always interested in what  Neurologist' s have to say..   When I lived in Springfield, Missouri I had multiple opportunities to learn from Dr. Norm Shealy, another renown neurologist,  who has practiced there for years.  I feel fortunate to have learned from these men.

The information Dr. Perlmutter provides regarding diet and supplements in the Better Brain Book is invaluable.  Check it out at your local library and see if you are drawn to try some of his suggestions.

Follow him on twitter : @DavidPerlmutter or check out his websites:
http://www.powerupyourbrain.com/
http://www.perlhealth.com/                           

Stay well!!

Susan Ellison RN BSN

                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment